Sunday, January 5, 2020

Santa Gets a Coat

Every year, I try to add a little more to Santa's Work Shop. This year, he received a jacket. Unfortunately, it didn't fit on the wall next to the desk (where it was supposed to go), so I've attached it to his desk. 



I also added some more to the Christmas Cart.


One of the ladies in the Big Apple Miniaturists club brought in her finished cart and I loved it (it was totally different than mine with green trim and dark wood).  (This cart was our project last year.) 

Many of the items she used were kits from Robin Betterley Miniatures (www.robinbetterley.com), so now I've bought a whole bunch of kits from her to build next year. I plan to add them to the bottom shelf. 

Have a great week!


11 comments:

  1. I love how the jacket looks there. Nice pop of color against the desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as if it belongs there. Great to know Santa will be warm outside.
    I love the Christmas Cart scene!Hugs,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it looks better there than I expected. I am so glad you like the Christmas cart scene.Hugs

      Delete
  3. I love Santa's coat! It matches his outfit perfectly!
    I am so excited for the kits you bought! I keep drooling over them and can't wait to see what you got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I might need to back to the website because when I looked at my friend's piece again, I thought maybe there were even MORE kits that I liked. BUT I have so many kits already. So maybe I will make myself make these before buying more.

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed to look at your lovely Christmas scenes - so much details to discover. For example the "Snow report" made me smile. And I really like the new jacket in its place at the desk, so much better for Santa to have it right at hand.

    Projects with kits from Robin Betterley sounds exciting and it will be fun to see what you're going to make with them.

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that you saw the "snow report" detail. Lol. And there is a framed picture of Mrs. Claus about his desk, of course. I'm glad you like the jacket by the desk too.

      Delete
  5. That guirlande from paper rings remind me that I made them with my granddad for Christmas... wow what a reminder thank you!
    groetjes van Marijke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me so happy to hear. They are very easy to make in mini too. I cut out a strip of paper and then use a pencil to roll it into a circle shape and then hold it while the glue sets.

      Delete
  6. Love the look of the draped coat hanging off the side of the desk and the filled Christmas cart, which makes me wish that it was Christmas all over again! :D

    ReplyDelete