Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Making a Flower Shop

I'm making a shabby chic flower shop.

We are making a bakery in the Big Apple Miniaturists Club this year, but as you know, I already have a bakery. And although I certainly have enough desserts to fill a second bakery, I thought I'd make a flower shop instead with the small box. I painted the box white, while I was painting the bookstore walls white (because the box was supposed to be painted and wallpapered by our December meeting).

I found a scrap of flooring and used that. Because I'm going to build a counter along that back unit, you won't see the flooring gap. I used French blue to paint the door.


I just love the contrast of these two wallpapers.



Then I spent a day making the back counter piece. This is partially because I didn't plan it well in advance and I kept having to add more support. (Oh well.) I used this green fabric that was a scrap that someone had left in the "for free" pile at a club meeting. (And that is why it is hard as a miniaturist to throw anything out.)


I still need to find a faucet in my stash.  I know I saw one recently when going through it, so I've got a general idea of where one could be. Lol. The drawer handle is from #hbsminiatures. 

Anyway I am really happy with how it's turning out. 

All the counter items are from Robina of myminiatureabodes on Instagram as part of a Christmas mini swap. (The crown is for the castle). They are so perfect for my flower shop. And what was even better, I met her at the Philadelphia Show! So that was exciting. 

Hope everyone has a great week!



9 comments:

  1. Ooohh those wallpapers look lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I really love those wallpapers together. I am so happy I found a project for them.

      Delete
  2. This is going to be so much fun! I love the papers, too! Green and pink together is a favorite of mine. You did a lovely job on the counter, and Robina's items will be such a wonderful contribution! So Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Green and pink is such a great combination. I love all Robina's items. I can't believe how perfect they are for my shop.

      Delete
  3. A great start. The pink and green wall paper look good together for a flower shop. I also love the counter.
    Hugs,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The counter came out well in the end, atlhough I still have to add another drawer, I think.

      Delete
  4. What an exciting new project - and in my opinion a flower shop is the perfect project for winter time. I really like what you've done so far with the wall papers and the counter. And so lovely that Robinia's gifts are just perfect for this scene.

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete