Sunday, October 6, 2019

N.A.M.E. Day Crafting Table


This year's N.A.M.E. Day project was a crafting table "island style." 

(N.A.M.E. is the National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts.)

Every year, I buy the N.A.M.E. Day kits and I never make them. I just add them to my growing kit pile. So this year I signed up for an online NAME Day where I met online with other NAME members of the NAME online group and made the kit. 

I love NAME events. As usual, there were drawings for prizes. I won the grand prize--a 1/144 dollhouse for my crafting room.




I'm so happy I actually finished it and I love the cherry wood.  It was a beautiful kit cut by Tom Walden. 



Now I kind of want to work on building out my craft room. Years ago, there was a NAME online houseparty where the Thursday night project was a craft room, so I have a little craft room, but this table won't fit in there. 

But I'm supposed to be working on my restaurant kitchen, the castle and my bookstore. And I want to make a Halloween scene too. 

Dilemmas, dilemmas.

I hope everyone has a great week!

8 comments:

  1. I do like that kit also although I have not bought one of them.
    Mini huggs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost didn't buy it because I haven't done the others. But since I have a craft room in progress, I thought that at least I have a WIP for it. I think with the bedroom theme and the cart, I didn't have a place to put it. Although the cart would be fun to decorate for Halloween/fall. Next year's project is going to be a very long crafting desk (so your mini person can craft with his/her friends) with an inset sink.

      Delete
  2. The kit is gorgeous! Can't wait to see your Craft Room. And Castle. And all the rest of the builds you are 'supposed' to be working on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I know. Too many ideas! And so little time.

      Delete
  3. Just beautiful, Penelope! That wood is gorgeous and it looks like such a rewarding kit to put together! It'll be fun to fill up and display things on, too! Congrats on your well deserved win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun kit to put together, especially while chatting with other miniaturists and learning tips. My favorite part is filling it up! (And shopping to fill it up). I still can't believe how much you made for your Autumn Shop. I'm excited to see the little house I won!

      Delete
  4. I'm sure that you sometimes wish that there were 3 of you in order to build all of the things you have on your ever growing TO DO list! :D
    Nevertheless, you have made a good beginning with your craft desk kit and how Neat IT IS!!!! I wish I had one just like it in Full Size but I think that building out your mini craft room is a FAB idea, because it certainly deserves Center Stage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I do! Yes, I wish I had one that was full size! Although mostly I wish I had a craft room and not a craft desk. Lol.

      Delete