Tuesday, October 29, 2019

What can a writer imagine? New Halloween-themed Diorama for School Library

My son's school librarian asked me to do a Halloween-themed exhibit for the library. I probably should've done a spooky house (maybe next year), but instead I created this.



It's a writer who is writing and imagining all sorts of spooky magical mayhem, which is then coming to life in the room.

Here's a close-up of the writer's desk. With Halloween cookies from the tutorial in American Miniaturist October 2019 by Randall Castle and magically pouring milk from the tutorial by Lesley Shepherd


The ghost above is from the complimentary projects by Ann Vanture. I recommend subscribing to her newsletter.

A potion is magically mixing from the spell book.


I put Stephen King's quote about writing on one side of the box.



And this picture explaining the diorama on the back side:


Here's the third wall-- all the wood is scraps from my friend Ketsia at Itty Bitty Adventures:


The skeleton is frantically trying to get his cape ironed so he can go to a Halloween party:



Here's a top view:


There are crumpled pieces of paper around the desk of frustrated attempts by the writer.

I made Scary Gary the spider out of pipe cleaners and stickers.  


And another view:


Happy Halloween! And Happy Imagining and Creating!





5 comments:

  1. It's so cute! I love the skeleton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's excited to go to his party! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete