Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Tutorial for Magically Pouring Liquids

As part of making the diorama for the school library, I decided to learn how to make magically pouring miniatures. I had printed out the tutorial from Lesley Shepherd in 2015! Only 4 years ago.

 It seemed intimidating, but it was much easier than I expected. 

I used clear tar gel and invisible hanging wire. I highly recommend Lesley's Tutorial.

It's quite addictive once you start. 

Here are my witches making a magically pouring mixture.



Someone must have called for some milk with their cookies.  I need this magical milk in my house. Usually it's me as the magical mom making the milk appear.

(The grey glass is a pen cap cut-off). 


Here's a potion for making baby dinosaurs! 


(The dragon book printable was purchased on Etsy from LittleMaggieShop and the dragons were purchased on Ebay. Like magic :))

Here are my attempts at cookies from Randall Castle's tutorial in AM November 2019. I used a toothpick instead of a needle, but next time I will follow the instructions. :)


Have a great week!


7 comments:

  1. Fantastic Penelope! Thanks for sharing the secret! Your magic pours are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so much easier than I expected. I am looking forward to making more.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you've been enjoying yourself with this magic technique, and you've done a GREAT job of it too! :D
    Lesley Shepherd was a fount of information and she is still greatly missed!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, I know, I was so sad when she passed. I love all her tutorials.

      Delete
    2. Luckily, a lot of her tutorials are on The Spruce Crafts, but some are not. I kept trying to access her tutorial on how to make a bat, but it never worked.

      Delete
  3. Oh! Thanks for sharing how this magic is done. Fun scenes!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete