Thursday, October 15, 2015

1/144 Brick Wall Roombox

I am working on a miniature dollhouse crafting room (among all my many other projects), so I started searching eBay for 1/144 furniture and dollhouses to add to the room.  I came across a 1/144 roombox that I loved, but  I am trying to stick to my budget and the interior decoration was not quite my style. (Still, I keep going back to its image on eBay and admiring it).

 So I tried to create my own.  I realized that what I liked was the exposed brick interior wall and the windows.

 I have to say it is kind of fun to work in 1/144 scale because I can just use my exacto knife and clay to create furniture!  Hopefully one day, I will have the same comfort with power tools.  And a little bit of green from railroad scenery in a wood box and you've got a plant.

Here is a table made from a part of a wooden coffee stirrer with legs from staples (using staples as legs was an idea from the NAME monthly projects coordinator).  I had to trim the staples.   And there's a little white chair made out of clay propped up against the pink eraser.


 And here is the roombox (although still a work in progress).  I made the windows by cutting out holes in the coffee stirrers.





The interior brick paper and flooring was from the About.com Miniature posts of Lesley Shepherd and the outer brick wallpaper was railroad N scale.

And at least with 1/144, it doesn't take up a lot of room! (These are probably famous last words for many a miniaturist).



4 comments:

  1. Ha, definately last words..soon your home will be inundated with 144th houses =0P I'm in awe of anyone who can make anything so small. I'm clumsy so 12th scale is about my limit before I do irreparable damage to everything. Very sweet little room =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have already realized I have more than enough for my craft room! And I am also too clumsy for 1/144 - I kept knocking into it when trying to photograph it and then having to put everything back in its place with a toothpick. Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
  2. So cute =) I really like the table, very creative idea for the legs.
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really excited to try it for 1/144 scale, once I saw the idea for 1/48 scale (or 1/4). And happy that it worked!

      Delete