Thursday, April 16, 2020

A belated Happy Easter!

Hope everyone had a happy Easter and happy Passover!

We had a lot of egg hunts inside our apartment with plastic eggs. I was able to get two chocolate bunnies and M&Ms delivered for the Easter basket, but that was it. I even tried to look for their old Halloween/Valentine's Day candy, but they'd eaten it. :)

I did an outdoor dollhouse egg hunt scene--in my unfinished porch. This was a club project from 2017 (time passes quickly!).


Can you find 6 hidden eggs?


And then my son hid even more eggs for you to find. 
How  many eggs can you find in these 2 pictures?




 I should try to finish this porch, but I haven't had much mini time, between work, homeschooling and cooking meals.



We also made Easter cookies, so I made this little scene, which needs light. 


For more Easter scenes, check out last year's Easter post

Hope everyone is doing well!



8 comments:

  1. Oh I just love this little porch scene! I hope you find some time to get back to it soon! I am glad you were able to find a few things for Easter baskets and that you got to make cookies! I am sure all of you will treasure these times and memories, though time and space feels a little cramped right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I really love this porch. Yes, I was relieved the chocolate bunnies were delivered, and now it's a longer Easter week as the rest of the gifts arrive this week!

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter plus four! Growing up in the Chicago suburbs we never had outdoor Easter egg hunts. It was always indoors since during many Easters there was snow on the ground.

    I love your flowers too. Those stargazer lilies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we usually have indoor egg hunts. Lots of hiding places in the dollhouses. Several sleeping eggs hidden by blankets. I'm impressed you know the name. I had forgotten what they were called. Lol. Now to make more flowers and figure out what we had planned to do with the porch.

      Delete
  3. Your Easter themed front porch/ garden is LOVELY and I may I say that I wish that I had as much success with my Real Life lilies as you have with your miniature ones - Simply Beautiful!!!!
    I also love the refreshing colour you've chosen for the porch and the screen door which makes an Ideal backdrop for your Gorgeous garden of Flowers and the colourful Easter eggs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The origin of those colors is kind of a funny story. I wanted light colors and I was playing with colors and then I looked at the design and color of my kleenex tissue box and I thought hmmm,I quite like those colors! So, that was the inspiration for my colors!

      Delete
  4. Love the garden out in the front!! The flowers are beautiful, it's making me re-think doing bushes in the front of my bungalow. I hope one day you get to finish the scene. Happy to hear you were able to make an egg hunt happen despite the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the flowers, although I worry about committing to them (and about dusting them eventually. I need some sort of dust -box to cover this when it's more complete.

      Delete