Sunday, March 29, 2020

The Denver "little" Show

Several asked if I had a romantic Valentine's Day as pictured in my last post, and I have to say that I didn't, but instead I went to the Denver "little" show on Saturday with my sister-in-law, so that was even better for me!

Do you think my human will finish this deck while #stayinghome?

I hope everyone is doing well. We live in NYC and we are on Day 15 of being in our apartment. We have a small balcony, so we soak up sun out there. It is hardest on the kids who miss seeing their friends and doing sports. But we are healthy and lucky. I worry about the medical workers who are on the front line, the grocery, postal & delivery workers, the people working in warehouses, and those who are financially struggling now. We did the 7 p.m. clap tonight to honor their work, and that was very moving to hear everyone clapping and yelling.

But back to minis. I have enough mini projects to last me months in quarantine.

Here are some of my purchases from the Denver "mini" show.

 I bought this beautiful afghan.


I bought another starter room. 



It even comes with the plexiglass case

From the same vendor table, which has three different miniaturists selling:


This workout set from Genuine Imitations


These Christmas tree ornaments and cookie tray from David's Dollhouse


These cute little bears, the amazing wallet with money, a little beachy tray


Some more amazing finds:



And a mini castle kit, a dragon shield for the castle and Halloween bags from Genuine Imitations: 

I bought these blue folding chairs in the #DMMDT auction to support the Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls, and Toys: 


The bookstore will be ready for a book talk when it reopens.

And then I also bought these items from the Denver Mini Doll Toy Museum:



The soap/towels found a home in my children's dollhouse bathroom


And the flowers found a place outside the flower store:




They also had a crafting table so my sister-in-law and I spent some time crafting with beads and glue:


This show feels like a long time ago.

Wishing everyone well. 

I hope you are all healthy. 

 If you are in an area that is not yet #staying home,  I recommend staying home as much as possible and stocking up.  We can't get flour and yeast right now, because everyone is stress-baking (me too). 








8 comments:

  1. Your purchases are great. I love the chairs for your book shop.
    Take care, these awful time will be over. I know it's hard on the kids.
    A creative mom can make it a little easier for them.
    Take care and stay healthy!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Take care and stay healthy too! Yes, we are having some fun times inside, like making an obstacle course using tables and chairs to work off that excess energy. It really does get the heart rate up. And it's fun. And we're watching Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems. And doing plenty of creative projects.

      Delete
  2. Attending a miniature show and coming home with so many WONDERFUL goodies to play with must have been Heavenly for you Penelope!
    Since so many shows were cancelled, I'm guessing that next year we will ALL be trying to make up for the lost time- Meanwhile, Stay Well and Enjoy each one of your new purchases! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if this ends by August, I may even try to go to the Chicago show! That's really such an exciting show (although deadly for the wallet). Stay safe!

      Delete
  3. Wow! You really found so many wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a great show. So many lovely minis!

      Delete
  4. You always find the neatest minis to buy! If I were stuck inside at your house I'd never be bored!!! Glad you are all safe and well! These will be incredible times to share someday with your grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am never bored in my house. I have so many mini projects to do. I hope you are doing well. I would never be bored in your house either!

      Delete