Friday, November 10, 2017

Takeout from TYA Kitchen in Tokyo


I just came back from a quick trip to Tokyo for work, but managed to squeeze in a visit to TYA Kitchen.   Those dumplings are making me hungry!

Here is their website:  http://minityuan.ocnk.net/

Yukio Kawai is the artisan, along with his wife and daughter who make the food, behind TYA Kitchen. 

Here is a close-up of the salad and meal takeout (in their perfect takeout containers!): 


They are having a documentary made about them, and so the filmmaker asked if he could film me shopping and ask me some questions.   It was great to talk to him and learn more about TYA Kitchen.  He also translated for me and Yukio Kawai to talk.  Many of their roomboxes are made at the request of customers to preserve memories.  Yukio-san also asked if I had any requests for items, so let me know if there are any suggestions. 

 I didn't take any pictures this time, unfortunately - a bit flustered with the camera recording, but every time I visit, I always see new details.  (See my Visit to TYA Kitchen blog post.) This time, he had made a American diner based on his trip to a diner while at the Chicago international show.  

Here is a picture of all my purchases. 


Cooking in the Malibu kitchen with some new TYA Kitchen accessories: 



I also went after work one night to Tam Tam Hobby Shop in Akihabara and picked up some model train stuff, which are for my 1/12 toy shop (and separately, some little toys for my kids). 


Have a great weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call making the most of a business trip! I have intense "fabulously special mini" envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you had time to do that! Glad you got to enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT is what I'd call a Successful business trip! The gyoza looks Absolutely Delicious and the rest of the kitchen ware and the tiny cars are all Extra Special! Well Done! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great haul! I have business trip envy!

    ReplyDelete