Sunday, April 23, 2017

Painting, Puttering and Packing


The top floor was a single woman; a married retired couple lived on the second floor; and a family with a young baby lived on the first floor.

All the furniture in Waterside Way has been packed up, and now the question is how to move it.  I built it in a room that is only accessible by a spiral staircase.  I don't think it will fit up the staircase, so I think we might have to lower it out the window.  Fingers crossed it all goes well - if we can even find someone willing to do it.

It looks so empty without all the furniture and mementos of dollhouse life.


I am almost done packing up the room, but I do keep getting distracted by little projects I had started, and so there is a fair amount of just puttering around the room.  


Meanwhile, I am still determined to finish the Malibu dolls house, and so I am painting.  And painting.  Every time I think I should be able to glue something together, I look at it closely and decide it needs another coat of paint. 


Here's another painting session - my kids wanted to paint and so I said: Great, I have so much dollhouse painting to do - but they stopped painting before I had finished too much of my dollhouse-related painting. 



Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with the moving of the dollhouse. I love the balconies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I am not sure how it will work. It is so heavy. I need a Dutch pulley system to lower it out the window!

      Delete
  2. Oh Penelope! Moving is such a gigantic task, especially when you are moving your real and not so mini households. I am sending good thoughts and wishes that this will all go well, be behind you very soon, and that your new home goes back together seamlessly! Can't wait to see how the new mini house set up goes together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does seem a bit overwhelming. Both my minis and the house; we have so many toys that some man giving an estimate thought we were a daycare!

      Delete
  3. Moving a dollhouse is both a pain and a pleasure but moving a RL house is nothing but a pain, so take your puttering pleasure whenever you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! It is so true! And I am not good at parting with stuff either, so I just pack it up.

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to your progress with this houses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't wait to continue my progress on this house! Next up - I want to work on the roof garden!

      Delete