Thursday, July 30, 2020

And the Porch is Almost Finished!

I've made a lot of progress on my porch. It's one of my favorite Big Apple Miniaturists projects. I can't believe it has taken me this long since we started it (in this post). Thank you everybody who encouraged me to continue!

 I planted the flower beds in the front and the side. I still have to complete the other side.

The front flowers are all made from kits by Artistic Florals.


The peach poppies are from the estate of Helen David. They were unfinished. I mixed them in with a yellow poppies kit from Etsy. I love how they came out. The daisy kit was from Artistic Florals



I finished shingling the roof. I am going to paint it a washed-out grey.


And then I made the grass. I wanted to replicate what we had done to make the grass in the Theresa Layman class making the garden cottage. We used a static grass applicator--the electrical current makes the flock stand up in the glue. And so I bought the static grass applicator three (3!) years ago on eBay.

Unfortunately, it did not work as well for me this time. I don't know if it's the machine (I never tested it when it arrived) or me or both. I think maybe I needed to make the glue more watery.  Anyway, I am still happy with my grass. I think it partially stood up. And I will go watch some more train videos on electro-static flocking to find out to improve. Lol.

Here are some cats fighting that I bought on Etsy before the pandemic and which finally arrived safely. 


Have a great weekend!


3 comments:

  1. The flowerbeds are so beautiful. And I love how lush and vibrant your grass looks. Such a peaceful scene...and then we have the two cats... yep. Seems about right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, about right. I am so glad you like the grass. I was so excited to finally use that device again. I want to put grass everywhere :)

      Delete
  2. The porch is beautifully done. The flowerbeds add a lot to the scene and the two cats add the final touch! I love it.

    ReplyDelete