Monday, September 23, 2019

Castle Second Floor WIP


I have painted, wallpapered and glued in the walls on the second floor. So there are now three separate rooms. My son gave me his thumbs up approval :) 

(The bathroom is now on the top floor--in the battle area. Which may be appropriate.)

The rooms are still all to be decorated. He's only just started.


This is the boys' bedroom. My mother-in-law made the blanket. One boy looks like he's having a great time on the gingerbread cookie couch.



Above is the boys' playroom. My son chose the colors. But I love them too. (At first he wanted orange, so I was quite happy when he switched to this one.)


I love the door handles by Olde Mountain Miniatures. My son decided he liked the look of the wood and didn't want to paint this wall.



And above is the parents' bedroom. I found the wall hanging on eBay. 



And then we ordered a new dryer (Hurray! So happy to have a new dryer) and the styrofoam packaging was perfect for the back wall of the top of the castle. Isn't that amazing? 

(You can the bathroom in the box. We will try to insert that under the back wall.) Next summer, I can work on adding the stonework. 

And also probably next summer, I will do the front wall, but here is the preliminary layout of the windows:


I am wondering if we should paint them a royal blue, even though that won't match the bottom windows. These windows don't match the bottom windows anyway, as I found these fancier windows after I'd already installed the bottom windows.  Apparently the bottom windows were modernized :)
But I may just stain them cherry so that at least they match in stain color.

Have a great week!


4 comments:

  1. Love those windows and his colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy with those windows. I think they will really add to the castle atmosphere. And I really love his colors too.

      Delete
  2. I want a gingerbread cookie sofa in my real life house!!!
    Yeah for new dryers! Especially when their packaging can be upcycled into the perfect castle wall! The stonework looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You need a gingerbread cookie sofa for your gingerbread house! I am so happy to have a new dryer. I couldn't believe it when my husband suggested the packaging might work. (Esp because he keeps saying that the castle is getting too big). Thanks for the compliment on the stonework!

      Delete