Tuesday, January 26, 2021

January and the #minikitchallengemonth

 

So Robina of #myminiatureabodes on Instagram created a mini kit challenge to complete a kit from your stash each week. I have three boxes full of kits. And so I was in.

(Picture of my flower shop. The purple flowers in the stone work were purchased from Artistic Florals.) 

The first week theme was Outdoors. I chose a tulip kit from Artistic Florals and made the bright pink tulips above in front of the flower shop. (I really need to make a sign for that shop.) The white flower pot is from HBS Miniatures. 

Week Two was Vintage. pick a vintage kit or the oldest kit in your stash. Since I was afraid to go down in the basement and face my two boxes of kits down there, I decided to go with vintage-themed and made this Art of Mini hatbox.

Week Two was a piece of furniture. I loved this kit by Doreen as soon as I saw it, but I was definitely daunted by the prospect of making it. And rightly so. It took me the whole week, because the bottles each had about three coats of paint, then painted the tops white, and then I sealed them. And I discovered that many of my paints are drying out. 

But it was worth it. I am so happy I made it. Here are pictures of my progress. I think Doreen still has more kits, so if interested, let me know and I can put you in contact. 

I think I bought the kit via NAME, when the theme for a project was craft room.

Painting the little bottles


Almost there. figuring out the colors:


And we're done!

This final week was grab bag: to pick a kit from your stash with your eyes closed. I only took out my kits that are stored in the box in our apartment, but I picked out this kit from Nancy Enge. I also loved this kit as soon as I saw it. So, I'm looking forward to making it. 


Hope everyone is doing well. Wishing you all a great rest of the week!



7 comments:

  1. You've been very busy.
    all the finished kits look great. I love the results.
    Hugs,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yes, I really should make more of the kits I own.

      Delete
  2. I love the paint rack! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I am so happy with it. Now I actually need to make a mini craft room :)

      Delete
  3. Where did your craft room kit come from?! I love it and need to get my hands on one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a NAME kit several years ago; I think she may have a few more, though. I think it is $12.95 plus shipping. Let me see if I can direct message you to send you her email.

      Delete
    2. I am not sure how to direct message you, but if you reply that you saw this message, then I will post it here and then delete it again after you see it. Given my delay in responding, I don't want to post it unless I know you will see it. The kit maker's name is Doreen.

      Delete