Saturday, January 12, 2019

Gingerbread and Kaffee anyone?


I've spent this week working on this True2Scale micro gingerbread cafe kit (available at https://true2scale.com/).

I bought the kit right before Christmas (as well as the Christmas hutch fundraiser piece for the 6 miniaturists who lost their homes in the Paradise fire -- a project for next December).  And then I realized I had bought the kit before in June 2017. So I thought I really should make this kit (before I buy a third one)!

Here it is in progress:


The kit is really quite clever. 

And then there's even furniture for the interior.


There's even a little snow village on top of the fireplace:


I think the trees came out really well too: 



Happy weekend! Hope you're keeping warm!

12 comments:

  1. Totally CUTE! and the interior of the gingerbread house is totally adorable especially with the tiny village on top of the fireplace mantle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That tiny village is just so cute. I should take better pictures of the interior - but I did lose one chair so I had to improvise and make another one that is not as elaborate but at least no one is sitting by themselves in the coffee cafe.

      Delete
  2. So sweet! LOL punny.

    I love how it looks though. The little fir tree and the fireplace too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it came out really well. I did lose one tiny chair while making it (so tiny) and I'm still usually good at finding these things, but I have no idea where it went. I am so happy with fur tree! Their suggested technique worked really well!

      Delete
  3. Simply lovely! Wonderful indoor decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The indoor decorations are so cute!

      Delete
  4. This little gingerbread house is so adorable that no one could blame you for having three! It's just a great opportunity to try out several creative finishes! I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're much better at that than me, but you're right that this is a chance to try that. I want to make a little Dutch canal house, so I plan to use the frame to do that.

      Delete
  5. This is so adorable!!! Fantastic job and will look really good where ever you place it. So tiny!! It looks like real gingerbread!!
    Mini huggs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to put it in my bakery eventually. It does look like real gingerbread, doesn't it? Also the frosting looks pretty real too. It's a very impressively thought-out kit.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so tiny that I lost one of the chairs, but also so tiny that I could make another one :)

      Delete