Saturday, May 21, 2016

A dress form

Continuing the sewing theme -- here is a dress form with a partially-completed dress.  (The sewing theme is a bit unintentional as I had been meaning to make the pajamas for over a year (see my New Year's resolutions for 2015), and then the shift dress project looked very easy.)

We just made this project in my mini club, and I actually completed it the same day (which doesn't happen often).

At the previous session, we each glued together the dress form from a Chrysnbon kit. Then we took the dress forms home.  With modge podge, I applied the very thin origami paper.  I had not tried modge podge before, so I thought it would be fun to try.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it when it was finished (before I added the dress).

Then in class, I made the dress from the provided pattern, sewing first the top and then sewing the top to the skirt and then gluing it onto the mannequin.  And then I added the lace trim. 

Here is the dress form in the beginnings of a little sewing room (although I plan to replace the hutch).  

The very colorful thread holder on the wall is from Dragonfly International.  

Have a great rest of the weekend!


  1. So pretty! the lace looks so delicate against the grey.

    1. Yes, that came out better than I expected!