Thursday, November 21, 2019

Philadelphia Miniaturia Show Purchases


At the last minute, I decided to go to Philadelphia Miniaturia for a day. It was my first time and so much fun. I also enjoyed talking to various dealers at the end when I was spent (literally and physically).

One of my favorite dealers is DollsHouseMinis on Etsy. Here is a link. I first saw her in Chicago. I love her work. Once I saw that she would be there via her Instagram postings, I really wanted to go. 

They've already found their way into Apartment #2 of Waterside Way.




I bought this strawberry jam and pie tin from El Arte de Angelina from Argentina. And a lego mold from Stewart Dollhouse Creations because it's a close call whether my house has more lego or dollhouses (or books). 


And I've already placed the jam and pie tin in my bakery.


Artofmini.com is another vendor I really like, so I bought these 3 kits and the grey pitcher. I'm excited to make some flowers to put in there. (Since I still have kits I bought from them last time and haven't made yet, I was a bit more restrained. But I have made several of their kits and they're very easy.)



I bought this pink bicycle to decorate with a basket of flowers.



I bought fruit from Sharon Harbison. 


On the second time around, I found this Christmas gingerbread cake from Carl Bronsdon. 


I bought this key chain, bags and flower kit from Itsy Bitsy Mini.
I loved talking to her. She said how she was just always so excited to be making minis and she couldn't wait to start each day.


And then I saw Ron Stetkewicz (website: https://rontoven.sytes.net/site/) at the show and asked him why he wasn't selling, telling him I needed door handles for my bookstore. Luckily, he had some in his car, so I bought these in the parking lot. 

I installed them before I lost them.

I bought these seedling trays from Castle Crafts. I met Robina of Miniature Abodes at the show and she pointed them out.


Two wine bottles for the restaurant. 

(I am still working on the swinging door and wall, and I plan to make a wine rack to sit above 

And a butterfly:
I might glue that to some flowers or a shop front before I lose it. 

Have a great weekend!








8 comments:

  1. Can't decide what I like best! But I love the pink bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila, I can't believe that the pink bike matches the pink of my bakery sign! I'm looking forward to creating a basket for it (some day).

      Delete
  2. I love your purchases. The butterfly is exquisite and the key-ring so cute! Enjoy all.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The butterfly was the first thing I bought! And the detail on the key ring is amazing.

      Delete
  3. What a successful trip to the show! You picked up some wonderful treasures and yet still showed a little restraint! I love the Lego mold - no respectable family home is complete without a few Legos scattered on the floor to step on in the dark! Can't wait to see them in a scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I did try to restrain myself. It is always so hard because I am never sure if I will regret not buying something. But I also don't want to spend too much money. And yes, Lego, now my poor mini people have to watch out to not step on it! Heeheehee. But hours of entertainment for kids :)

      Delete