Monday, March 18, 2019

Purchases from the "little" show in Denver


Luckily, I was able to attend the Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys "little" dollhouse show while on vacation in Denver. Unfortunately I didn't receive a show catalogue, so I can't find the names of all the artisans that I bought from.

Here are my purchases: 


The christening dress is by Bobbie Johnson (Etsy shop: BobbieJMinis).

Plus this roombox - I was so thrilled to find this (and it was still small enough that it could fit in my handbag on the plane:


I am thinking about making shelves on the white wall, and then putting my little 1/144 dioramas there. They'd be protected and I could look at them quite happily.

And all this fabric for $2.00.  



The flowerbox found a perfect spot in front of my bakery door. 



More flowers from the same artisan (I wish her name had been on the receipt because I'm so happy with these):


And then I bought these little puffy stickers from one person and stuck them on a cookie tray I bought from David's Dollhouse.



The potholder from David's Dollhouse unexpectedly matched my  backsplash tiles in my little coffee/tea cafe, so that was exciting:


Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like you had a great time! That potholder is just a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! And I didn't even realize it until I got home and put it there. I was buying potholders after seeing Jodi's potholders in her kitchen on Etsy so when I saw some also for sale at the show (for cheaper), I thought I should buy some more!

      Delete
  2. Hello Penelope,
    Love all of your purchases! The puffy stickers look great on that cookie tray, looks like you baked all day!! Love the little roombox - cannot wait to see all of the little things you put inside!
    Mini huggs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Conny, I really like my puffy stickers on the tray! I am so excited to display my 1/144 houses in my little roombox. I am working on it already :)

      Delete
  3. Great purchases. Have fun creating wonderful items with them. The best buy was the transparent roombox. Having our work dust protected is very important. Enjoy all.
    Hugs,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Drora, It is! I am still excited about the roombox. I could only carry one home or I would have been tempted to buy the other one too, which was more of a garden wall type structure. But I am not very good at cutting plexiglass straight, so to have the dust cover is great. Especially because a lot of dust does get in my mini houses!

      Delete
  4. I am so glad that you had such a Great Time at the show and that you've come home with some Wonderful purchases to remember it by! Love the puffy stickers and the flower box and the Bobbie Johnston christening dress is definitely, a WOW! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy that show and chatting to all the dealers when I am shopping. Yes, Bobby Johnston has wonderful stuff. She had some dresses I really loved as well, but they were more expensive. I am glad you like the puffy stickers too!

      Delete
  5. O what a nice purchases those flowers and the springflowers so beautiful!
    groetjes van Marijke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Marijke! Thanks so much! I now wish I had purchased more of the flowers because I could have given them as gifts.

      Delete