Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry Christmas!

 Merry Christmas! 

It's a merry Christmas in the Malibu Dollhouse!


With lots of boxes of decorations


(Don't knock over the tree, little kitty!) 



and delicious Christmas-decorated cupcakes and cakes (I made the tray from a printable given to me by  http://ketsiaelie.blogspot.com/


I started the Christmas spirit early in the month by making little gifts for the Big Apple Miniaturists Holiday gift bag. The red Christmas paper and labels are printables from either the Dollhouse Miniatures Magazine or American Miniaturist. I love those labels!



Then at the BAM club meeting, we made this little Christmas shelf from a Dragonfly kit (I actually got distracted talking to other club members so the shelf supports are supposed to be on top, but mine are on the bottom- that happens a lot at club meetings 😂😂):


And then the bakery started making Christmas cookies (one of my favorite traditions of the holiday):

The trays of uncooked cookies (so realistic looking) are from aMusingMiniatures on Etsy. I made the decorated cookies on the right.


The bakery put the Gingerbread houses in the window:


And here is my Christmas cookie tray purchased at last year's Chicago Miniature Show from a woman from Germany:



Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!





4 comments:

  1. Now you're making me hungry! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can feel that I am going to need to exercise off all my real-life Christmas cookies.

      Delete
  2. Your Malibu Christmas scene is Great!!! You have managed to mix both contemporary furnishings and traditional holiday decorations with plenty of pizazzzz!
    And not to forget those Christmas cookies in the bakery-YUM-EEE! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's funny - I realized afterwards that I had mixed contemporary and traditional. I realized I used my more vintage Christmas tree in the scene (mostly because of the angel) and just a mix of stuff around. I love making Christmas cookies with the kids -- one of my favorite holiday traditions!

      Delete